Monday, May 31, 2021

Where Does Fat Go When You Lose Weight?

 The fate of the weight that we lose

burn fats

A survey included 150 doctors, dietitians, and personal trainers on how to burn stored body fat, In other words, when you lose weight, where does the fat go after losing weight?

The result was surprising, only three of them gave the correct answer.

The most common misconception was the conversion of fats into energy, while others believed that fat turns into muscle, which is impossible, while others assumed that it comes out through the colon.

The question now is if fats don't convert to energy or muscle or go down the toilet, where do they go?

Facts about fat metabolism:

Most people think that the lost  fats when losing weight is converted into energy but the correct answer is that the fate of fats is divided into two parts, one is converted into (84%) carbon dioxide that exits through the lungs into the air. while the rest of it becomes (16%) water that it mixes in the Blood circulation and exits from the body through urine, sweat, or tears.

The energy is produced as a result of this transformation.

The elimination rate of these byproducts is very high during exercises.


The body stores excess energy, which it usually gets from calories provided by fats or sugars, in fat cells.

Your body stores energy in the form of fat to ensure that its future energy needs are covered.

To boost weight loss, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn.

A daily deficit of 500 calories are a good starting point for significant fat loss.

During movement, muscles need more energy and if the body used all the sugar and carbohydrates found in the blood, it will be forced to use the accumulated fats in the body as a source of energy.


burn fats

so there are tow important things to lose weight:

1-     1- a good diet program,  you have to eat fewer calories than you burn.

2-    2- exercising regularly makes your body burn fats quicker.






Sources: m2woman / press santé(frensh site)/ medical daily




Post a Comment

ads side bare beside logo

health&beauty way

In this site, we are looking for excellence in everything related to fitness, beauty and health. The basis of our principle is the accuracy and simplicity of information to get the maximum benefit of all interested

vertical side ads

Contact Form


Email *

Message *